Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Two-Parter!


It is a rare occurrence anymore that I have a weekend when noteworthy events occur both Friday & Saturday night. But it is also a rare occurrence that Christina Aguilera, henceforth known as X-tina, comes into town and we can get into her concert for free, (as occurred this past Friday night). And it’s an even rarer occurrence that Michelle and I hatch a brilliant scheme and actually see it to fruition (as occurred on Saturday night). Suffice it to say we had an eventful weekend. Let’s break down by day and do a little recap, shall we?

FRIDAY NIGHT

As I mentioned, we were given the exciting opportunity to attend the X-tina concert on Friday night. Michelle’s main man Joe is a cop and he was working at the concert so he said he would sneak us in. And of course when I say sneak us in I mean he basically held a door open, none too discreetly, and 5 slightly drunk girls traipsed inside and sat wherever the hell they wanted to. A very covert operation indeed.

Those who were in attendance were me and Michelle (natch), Michelle’s friend from grad school named Holly and Joe’s sister Lisa and her friend Katie. You will of course notice that I didn’t bring anyone along but that’s simply because I have no friends. Moving on.

We decided to do it up “college style”, meaning heavy pre-gaming and all around cheap drinking. Nobody was all that interested in seeing X-tina so we obviously had to get drunk so we could have fun. I ran out and grabbed a couple of pizzas on my way home from work as well as a huge ass bottle of vodka and some mixing agents. Party on. Unfortunately I spent too much time prettying myself up (in the hopes that X-tina would spot me in the audience and, taken with my all around beauty and style, ask me to be one of her backup dancers on the spot) so I didn't really get a chance to get all that liquored up. Not to worry- in keeping with the college style drinking theme, (a time in our life when we would remove the foil bladder of wine from a Franzia box, put it in a mini backpack and take it to bars with us to drink in the bathroom), we poured some drinks into travel coffee mugs and drank them in the cab on the way DT. In lieu of watching opening acts Danity Kane (??) and The Pussycat Dolls we decided our time would be better spent at the Rascal House drinking more beers and alcohols.

But we did make it to the concert in time to see X-tina take the stage and scream into the microphone for over an hour, at one point in black lace chaps. All in all it was an OK concert, much better than it would have been if I would have been sober or had to pay for it.

SATURDAY NIGHT

In last week's installment, I indicated that I went out on a date with a man. I am happy (and somewhat shocked) to report that we have since been on another date and met up this weekend too. This might actually turn into something. God help us all.

Tuesday night this gentleman and I, let's call him Wes, went to a movie. I offered to go out towards his neck of the woods since he had been out here on Saturday and I wanted to reciprocate. Mostly I wanted to see his house (pretty much what I expected). So the date went OK, the movie was crap but we still managed to have a good time. We went back to his place afterwards and sat on his couch and watched TV and chit-chatted and before we knew it it was midnight and we were both tired. So he walked me to my car, gave me a quick peck and I drove off. For those of you keeping score at home that's two dates, two quick goodnight kisses. I have shared more passionate kisses with my college roommates for cripes sake. Those kisses were mostly fueled by extensive amounts of alcohol, weed, or a guy at a bar offering us $2.00 to make out for 10 seconds but they were passionate nonetheless.

I explained my frustration to former roommate Christine and I determined through talking it out with her that it's not a lack of chemistry because I do want things to progress. And I get the same impression from him because at one point on Tuesday night when we were back at his place he did put his hand on my leg and good god, he was not going to move it come hell or high water. Even when his dog jumped up on my lap and started licking my face he left that hand planted firmly on my leg and reached across with his other arm to swat the dog away.

Another discussion with Michelle brought me to the conclusion that maybe he was just a little shy and maybe we needed to loosen up a little. And the answer was so clear! All we needed was a little liquid courage. The same miracle elixir that makes otherwise intellegent and responsible (and heterosexual) people make out with their same-sex roommates so that some drunk frat-boy will give them two dollars in quarters for the juke-box. Bottom line: we needed to do a lil drinkin. (Here's the part where we hatch a brilliant scheme...)

I had dinner plans with some friends on Saturday night and Wes was originally going to be tied up as well. He called me Friday night to tell me his plans had fallen through and to see if I wanted to get together Saturday night. So, sitting at the Rascal House on Friday night before X-tina Michelle, Holly and I decided that I should make it a low key evening, see if I could get him to meet me out here after my dinner and that the four of us could engage in a little group activity. I'm compelled to kiss both of those women on the mouth when I think of how well-executed that plan was. (What is with me and all the references to kissing females, maybe I'm giving off too much of a lesbo vibe, is that my problem???)

In other words, the plan worked like a charm! Michelle, Holly, Wes and I hung out for a minute at our apartment and then went to a nice little Irish bar in Lakewood. There were virtually no other patrons there, possibly on account of some really shitty snow/rain hybrid that was spewing all over the place. Michelle and Holly stuck around for a couple of drinks and made their exit, leaving Wes and I to finish out the night. Before Michelle left she playfully made the comment, "I don't want to see you two back before 2:00 AM!", and we didn't let her down. When we left I was certainly buzzing but not wasted by any means, it was really the ideal level of booziness. And it gave me just the level of confidence I needed, and judging by the events of the evening, gave Wes a little boost as well. We went back to my place and watched TV on the couch in the living room for a little while and then started kissing and as things escalated from there we went to my room where, you know what I think i'll stop now. Not because I'm a lady, mostly because I'm a little slutty. Plus I don't want you to vomit on your keyboard because, trust me when I tell you this, it will probably ruin it... your keyboard that is... leave me alone. Wes left pretty early the next morning but he said he would call me later that night (and he did!) Mission accomplished.


All in all, a very eventful weekend. I got to do some old-school boozing, I got to see a 95 pound woman in lace chaps scream some pop hits, I got to hook up with a guy I like and I only had to break the law to accomplish two of those three things.

No comments: